This section provides information on some of the different treatment options that italk can provide.
How to access italk Employment Advisor support?
Ask your italk therapist to pass your details on to the Employment Advisors. We will then contact you to discuss the support we may be able to offer.
Problems at work?
Numerous studies have shown that being in work generally leads to better mental health, self-esteem and well-being. However, problems at work such as poor relationships with management and workload, can also have a negative effect on our mental health.
Sometimes things outside of work can affect how we feel and our concentration, and this in turn can cause difficulties at work.
How can we help?
If you are currently being supported by italk, at Step 2 or Step 3, and you are having difficulties at work, or how you feel is affecting your ability to work, then our Employment Advisors may be able to help you.
We can offer:
- Advice and support to retain your job
- One to one support with an Employment Advisor
- Advice around your rights at work
- Mediate between you and your employer
- Negotiation of adjustments in your work place (such as hours, environment, responsibilities)
- Advice on returning to your job
- Support to stay well and stay working
- Signposting to legal advice
- Signposting to benefits advice
- Signposting to career changes
Supporting People in Work. People are regularly referred to the Employment Advisors for support to retain their jobs.
Supporting People with Issues at Work. Work has a huge impact on our lives, and problems in the workplace can cover a range of issues. The most common reasons for referrals to us have been:
- Stress/workload (23%)
- Bullying (19%)
- Mental health affecting work (16%)
- Relationships with colleagues/manager (16%)
Other issues include disciplinaries, grievances, sick leave etc. The list is not exhaustive and we will offer support whenever we feel we can help.
Supporting People to Keep Their Jobs. 72% of people we have supported have returned to their jobs, and 13% have moved on to new jobs.
" My Employment Advisor gave me great support & pointers on the legal issues of redundancy and also pointed me in the direction of my new job. So italk has been of immense help overall."